Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

January look

This is a little  different to the post that I have recently done on nude lips. Well actually it's kind of the opposite. This is a bright bold lip, a statement look. This is because January is the start of a new year and a new me. No more hiding and shying away, it is now time for a bolder braver me.  One who could pull off a bold lip look.

To start off this look I did the usual primer foundation concealer under my eyes and  to hide any nasty visitors that decided to pop up.

 Then for the eyes I did a bit of a different look to what I usually would. I did bottom lash mascara. Wow a massive step for me I know. Any way the mascara I used for this look was  Maybelline one that I had never used nor  even seen before called high heet volume. Sounds great to me and it was so cheep. My Benefit They're real mascara is running out (sad face) so I thought I would try a new one and I love it already. Shadow wise I used a grey slightly sparkly shadow by N.7 in shade 35 comet. Such a nice shadow really pigmented and blends well. And I just put that around my eye as kind of a liner (not going into the inner corner at the bottom) and smudged out. To make it darker you could use a black or darker grey right on the lash line.

Then for the statement lips, there isn't much I can say about it but I used the Rimmel Apocolips in the shade Big Bang It is very bright and not drying that is the good thing about the Apocolips they are a mix between a lipstick and lip gloss resulting in a lip laqure. It is a bold red, however if reds aren't your thing I also own two others in the Apocolips line that I own not sure of the name and stella they are a popping pink and a glowing coral. That specific shade also makes your teeth look whiter which is always a bonus.

Next for the outfit I chose to go with this look (it's   just what I wore on the day).  My top is a blue and red checked shirt from Topshop, super baggy and super comfy. Under that I just wore leggings again for  comfort reasons, They are from Dorothy Perkins but I wouldn't recommend them, they are a little see through. As it is chilly in January I also add my French connection denim jacket with grey hoodie sleeves.

Finally to accessories I have a fluffy head band from Jules (sooo expensive, sooo worth it). It is a deep purple navy colour almost black. And shoes wise I used my brown boots with a white fluff collar. I am living in them this winter.

Thanks for reading this post and hope it gives you some inspiration for your own look.

No comments:

Post a Comment